Senior C++ Engineer - Ticker Plant
New York, NY
Posted Apr 1, 2020 - Requisition No. 76892
We deliver the world's most reliable, timely and accurate financial data. We are engineers who write high performance, well-factored, scalable and testable code that can mold quickly to new business initiatives. More than 4,500 developers rely on us to provide the core foundation and data required for their applications.
Our systems are low-latency, fault-tolerant and scalable. We use hundreds of servers to handle over 100 billion items of data each day. Bloomberg’s Ticker Plant provides collection, storage, query and distribution of market data from stock- and commodity-exchanges around the world. We also develop the applications and databases that let us dynamically configure the system. We work closely with business and sales teams to develop our systems and to be prepared for evolving customer requirements.
Our work environment is fast-paced, spirited, friendly and collaborative. On our team, you will learn about the financial markets and Bloomberg's real-time pricing applications while keeping up to date with the latest trends in technology.
What you will gain and what our colleagues appreciate about this role:
- We work with high-caliber individuals and experienced teams of engineers and management
- We understand, redesign and enhance fault-tolerant systems that run on clusters of hundreds of servers
- We attend regular technical presentations by world-renowned distinguished speakers
- Other engineers are our customers and our users are also highly technical people
- We attend training courses, both technical and financial, on a regular basis
We'll trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the full SDLC, from understanding the needs of the business to coding, deployment and maintenance
- Understand that our work is highly visible, which makes our teams highly accountable
- Design robust, maintainable, high-performance code with unit tests in a Linux/UNIX environment
You'll need to have:
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- The ability to use abstractions
- 3+ years experience programming in C++
- Experience with object-oriented programming and using STL containers with STL algorithms
- The ability to manage and aggressively push projects
We'd love to see:
- Linux/UNIX experience
- Familiarity with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Knowledge of operating system fundamentals
- Familiarity with design patterns
- Experience with C++ template programming
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Experience with Python
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.