Bloomberg’s Trade Automation & Execution team builds multiple execution management, analytical, and automation solutions. Our products provide financial professionals with an integrated multi-asset class trading platform to manage their order lifecycle, monitor real-time analytics, and connect with thousands broker destinations and trading venues globally. We own and build products that cover trading functionality across a wide range of asset classes, including equities, options, futures, sovereign and corporate bonds, FX, repos, mortgages, derivatives and more.
With more than a trillion dollars traded on our systems daily, our business continues to evolve towards trends such as trade automation, predictive analytics, higher data volumes, and an increased focus on speed. We are currently working on multiple exciting initiatives to re-architect our entire software stack in order to meet and stay ahead of these needs and build the next generation state of the art execution platform.
What’s in it for you:
- An opportunity to participate in building high-performance, fault-tolerant, and real-time systems with a goal of being able to process millions of transactions daily.
- You’ll get to learn and have a chance to work with multiple industry-leading technologies.
- You will have access to Bloomberg’s wide array of training resources where you can learn everything from machine learning to how financial markets work.
- You’ll get a front-row seat to the financial markets, gain insights and perspectives on how they work, and build software that helps shape their future direction.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of industry experience in object oriented programing.
- A robust knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with asynchronous event-driven programming.
- A BA/BS or MA/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- A desire to learn and a willingness to be challenged to come up with creative solutions to tough engineering problems.
We’d love to see:
- An interest in the financial markets.
- Experience with high throughput, low latency and high availability distributed systems.
- Recent experience with server side programming using C++ or Node.js.
- Experience with concurrent programming.
- Experience developing workflow driven applications.
- Familiarity with a scripting language such as python, and developer tools such as GIT, Jenkins, and Splunk.
If you're excited by these challenges, have a passion for technology and a flexible, creative approach to problem solving, we want to talk to you! Submit an application.