Bloomberg’s Trade Automation & Execution team builds multiple execution management, analytical, and automation solutions. Our products provide financial professionals with an integrated multi-asset class trading platform to manage their order lifecycle, monitor real-time analytics, and connect with thousands broker destinations and trading venues globally. We own and build products that cover trading functionality across a wide range of asset classes, including equities, options, futures, sovereign and corporate bonds, FX, repos, mortgages, derivatives and more.
With more than a trillion dollars traded on our systems daily, our business continues to evolve towards trends such as trade automation, predictive analytics, higher data volumes, and an increased focus on speed. We are currently working on multiple exciting initiatives to re-architect our entire software stack in order to meet and stay ahead of these needs and build the next generation state of the art execution platform.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll get a front-row seat to the financial markets, gain insights and perspectives on how they work, and build software that helps shape their future direction.
- An opportunity to participate in building out high-performance, fault-tolerant, and real-time systems with a goal of being able to process millions of transactions daily.
- You’ll get to learn and have a chance to work with multiple industry-leading technologies such as Cassandra, Apache Storm, Kafka, WebSphere MQ and Redis.
- You’ll get an up and close view of the global financial markets, while solving challenging real-world problems.
- Your work will be impactful to a diverse global community of traders and brokers.
You’ll need to have:
- 2+ years of experience programming in an object oriented programing language such as C++, Java or C#
- A robust knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with multi-threading and asynchronous event-driven programming
- A BA/BS or MA/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- A desire to learn and a willingness to be challenged to come up with creative solutions to tough engineering problems.
We’d love to see:
- An interest in the financial markets
- Experience working on a full software stack and developing workflow driven applications.
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Experience using distributed middleware such as WebSphere MQ, RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Familiarity with a scripting language such as python, and developer productivity tools such as Jenkins, Coverity and Splunk.
If you're excited by these challenges, have a passion for technology and a flexible, creative approach to problem solving, we want to talk to you! Submit an application.