Senior Software Engineer - Vault Admin Team
New York, NY
Posted Jan 31, 2020 - Requisition No. 81105
You've seen the headlines. Financial firms are fined millions of dollars when just one employee does something they shouldn't. It can be as serious as insider trading or as seemingly innocent as an inappropriate instant message. Keeping track of who is saying, doing, and trading what is a daunting task for compliance officers, especially with the explosion in the volume and variety of data produced by communications and trading platforms.
That’s where Bloomberg Vault comes in. We are comprised of Bloomberg Vault Archive and Bloomberg Surveillance to provide a single platform for more than 1,000 organizations customers. Our clients use Bloomberg Vault to manage and archive their enterprise communications and collaboration data, including email, instant message (IM), mobile, files, trade and documents, voice data and social media. Our multi-tenant cloud processes 300 million messages daily and stores about 90 billion archived objects, and we are looking to grow significantly in the next two years.
In Bloomberg Vault, you’ll help us build large scale data processing and reporting systems that ingest, surveil, index and provide applications that package and deliver complex events streams spanning communication, collaboration, and financial transaction data.
As a Senior Engineer in Vault Admin Systems, you will work in an agile team that's passionate about ensuring that the Vault Application is secure and accurate. IAM (Identity and Access Management) is the core of Bloomberg Vault's Business. Built using core Bloomberg technologies, the underlying system databases are designed to securely store user identity, permissions, and account-level configurations. Our team provides data access through services that's directly integrated to Vault's Archive Searching and Communications Surveillance.
We'll trust you to:
- Contribute in defining the overall architecture of the system and design of the various components involved against a stringent data quality standards
- Take ownership of business requirements and develop technical solutions that meet customer needs
- Collaborate with other teams on a mission to unify all data access for IAM behind strongly authenticated and always audited read/write data access
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience developing client-facing products with Java or C++ at production scale
- Understanding of how to design reusable API and accurate implementation in Micro-Services architecture
- Working knowledge storing complex data models in relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see
- Experience implementing enterprise backbone systems of account-level configuration, user identities, user permissions, billing models, and data access audits
- Expertise applying Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery to production
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.