Senior Software Engineer - Vault Foundational Services
New York, NY
Posted Dec 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 112767
You've seen the headlines. Financial firms are fined millions of dollars when just one employee does something they shouldn't. It can be as serious as insider trading or as seemingly innocent as an inappropriate instant message. Keeping track of who is saying, doing, and trading what is a daunting task for compliance officers, especially with the explosion in the volume and variety of data produced by communications and trading platforms.
That’s where Bloomberg Vault comes in. We are composed of Bloomberg Vault Archive and Bloomberg Surveillance to provide a single platform for more than 1,000 organizations customers. Our clients use Bloomberg Vault to manage and archive their enterprise communications and collaboration data, including email, instant message (IM), mobile, files, trade and documents, voice data and social media. Our multi-tenant cloud processes 300 million messages daily and stores about 90 billion archived objects, and we are looking to grow significantly in the next two years.
Vault Foundations team is at the core of Bloomberg Vault's business and architecture. Leveraging a broad portfolio of Bloomberg and open source technologies, the underlying systems are designed to securely manage user identity, permissions, and account-level configurations. Our team provides data access in a scalable way through services and APIs that's widely integrated to Vault's Archive and Surveillance systems. We are also responsible for critical control systems over Bloomberg's communication platforms MSG and IB.
Vault Engineering is embarking on building a new Integrated Compliance Platform, which will provide our clients a seamless experience across Vault products and allow them to self-configure key functionalities. The platform is being built using micro-service architecture with modern technologies such as React in the front-end and GraphQL, Kafka, Java/Python, Redis and Postgres in the back-end. This multi-year green field initiative is opening up many interesting opportunities across the organization and especially Vault Foundations team.
What’s in it for you:
- You will have the opportunity to get involved in group wide initiatives from the beginning, contribute to critical design decisions and utilize cutting-edge technologies.
- You will be able to work on back-end services, client facing-UIs, or both.
- You will contribute to a high level of SDLC and automation of our processes.
- We value inclusion and diversity very highly. We believe that having a wide variety of strengths and a wide variety of opinions represented makes us stronger.
- We take individual progression very seriously. We are developing unique tools and processes to make sure you continue to grow in ways that are meaningful to you.
We'll trust you to:
- Contribute in defining the overall architecture of the system and design of the various components involved against high data quality standards
- Take ownership of projects, implementing business requirements and develop technical solutions that meet customer needs
- Collaborate with various project stakeholders and team members to successfully complete projects.
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of experience with Object Oriented languages like Java, C++ or Python at production scale
- Understanding of how to design reusable APIs and microservices in a distributed architecture
- Working knowledge of storing complex data models in relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL or Postgres
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or related professional experience
We’d love to see:
- Experience with implementing enterprise backbone systems of account-level configuration, user identities, user permissions, and data access audits
- Expertise in applying Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery principles
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus