Senior Software Engineer - Visual Applications
New York, NY
Posted Dec 29, 2022 - Requisition No. 105230
Our Market Applications group looks over the workflows and user experience of the Bloomberg Terminal for areas around foundation applications, macro markets and content workflows such as research, companies/ equities and data discovery.
We service applications that are leveraged by financial analysts and researchers. Our core focus is document search and discoverability, content authoring, charting, and publications that support the analyst workflow.
The Bloomberg Visual Application’s product is one of the core products on the terminal and is used by over 300,000 financial professionals worldwide to make financial decisions. Our suite of products unlocks market data and provides our clients with unprecedented advantages. The Visual Applications group provides an immensely popular platform for visual and quantitative analysis of datasets through a host of Bloomberg Applications and critical real-time services.
Our applications and services cater to a broad spectrum of terminal and enterprise users with more than 100+ million daily views and we're looking for new members to work on some of our most exciting and ambitious projects.
What do we do?
Our group is responsible for crafting innovative ways to visualize and analyze data, expose novel workflows that allow our customers to explore and get insights on the data trends. Our charting suite impacts core workflows on Bloomberg terminal and provides unprecedented advantages to customers' workflows. Our application suite is used by hundreds of thousands of Bloomberg users and is getting 100+ millions daily hits. Our application APIs allow easy integration with other Bloomberg products such as news and TV.
Our product also supports various publishing and report generation workflows.
We'll trust you to:
- Be a key contributor to defining and developing visual applications and workflows
- Innovate and design the next generation of flexible and robust visual application solutions
- Use your technical expertise to architect and implement critical large-scale applications
- Work cross-functionally within the team and across groups to deliver products that broaden and improve our offering to customers
- Help drive technology stack for the team
- Mentor others and contribute to the growth of the team
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, partners and management
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
We'd love to see:
- Experience with large scale application design (including application frameworks, etc.)
- Knowledge of Visualization frameworks
- Proven track record of working in large team and collaborative environment
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about, please go ahead and apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus