Senior Software Engineer - Visualization
New York, NY
Posted May 31, 2022 - Requisition No. 83577
Who are we?
The Bloomberg Visual Analytics product is used by over 300,000 financial professionals worldwide to make financial decisions. Our suite of products unlocks market data and provides our clients with unprecedented advantages. It spans a wide gamut of functionality, from visualizing financial data using graphing and mapping functionality to real-time data alerting to historical trend analysis, backtesting, geospatial analysis and much more. The Visual Analytics group provides an immensely popular platform for visual and quantitative analysis of data sets through a host of Bloomberg Applications, widgets and mission critical real-time services. Outside of the visual space, we develop methodologies that enable our enterprise customers to estimate the geographical impact of various events on their physical assets and compute the resulting financial exposure. Our services cater to a broad spectrum of terminal and enterprise users with more than 100+ million daily views and we're looking for new members to work on some of our most exciting and challenging projects. Our scalable backend services process multi-billion trading ticks and also provide computational support for our customers' trading ideas and strategies - all in real-time 24x7.
What do we do?
We’ll trust you to:
- Be a key contributor to Visualization Analytics product development
- Innovate and design the next generation of flexible and robust solutions that bring together and visually analyze all the different types of data the Bloomberg terminal has to offer
- Leverage your technical expertise to architect and implement critical large-scale application and backend frameworks
- Work collaboratively within the team and across groups to deliver products that broaden and improve our offering to customers
- Innovate and help drive technology stack for the team
- Mentor others and contribute to the growth of the team
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years programming experience in object-oriented programming languages (C++ is a plus, but not required)
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Desire for continuous learning
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or related professional experience
We'd love to see:
- Experience working on high-throughput systems in a multi-threaded environment
- Experience with distributed event streaming technologies (i.e. Kafka, etc)
- Experience with highly available distributed systems & service-oriented architectures
- Experience working in an agile environment
If this sparks your interests, we encourage you to apply! We’ll get in touch regarding the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.