Senior Software Engineer - Web - Bloomberg.com
New York, NY
Posted Oct 26, 2022 - Requisition No. 88474
Bloomberg Media supplies global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion, and market data distributed on every platform. Our flagship website, Bloomberg.com, serves over 65 million unique visitors a month and consistently ranks among the top 10 most visited news and financial sites on the internet.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a Senior Engineer with experience and/or interest in modern web development. The team is responsible for the majority of pages and the Ads business on Bloomberg.com. You collaborate with Product, Design, Editorial, and other Engineering teams to expand Bloomberg’s reach across new audience segments, geographies, and industries.
What’s in it for you:
You’ll work with modern open-source web technologies (NodeJS, ReactJS, NextJS etc.), public cloud infrastructure, CDN, Kubernetes, & networking technologies for running the platform. We’ll depend on you to advise on the system design, architecture, and scalability of the applications that play a meaningful role in serving news to the Bloomberg.com users.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate within an Agile, multi-disciplinary, fast paced team
- Take ownership of technical solutions, development, and delivery to production
- Develop in all levels of a web application stack, from the client to server-side
- Explore and evaluate the value of new and emerging web technologies
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (Python, Java, etc.).
- 4+ Years of Expertise in frontend technologies (e.g. NodeJS, ReactJS, VueJS, HTML, CSS, JS, Typescript).
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
We'd love to see:
- An interest in understanding user behavior using A/B tests and analytics and how that drives product design and decisions.
- Fluency in testing, code reviews, distributed source code management, and automated quality assurance.
- Experience working on high availability, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Knowledge of browser internals such as rendering engines, parsing and DOM tree construction, layout, painting, and optimizing techniques.
- A passion for standardization, style guides and process efficiency, and bias for action.
- Experience defining and developing highly available distributed systems.
- Contributions to any open source web projects or JS libraries.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus