Senior Software Engineer - Web Framework & Portals
New York, NY
Posted Dec 22, 2022 - Requisition No. 112695
As Bloomberg’s Enterprise presence continues to grow, we are responding by building cohesive and innovative enterprise-level solutions to increase the re-usability, scalability, and quality of our web products while providing tools and guidance for our businesses.
In our team, you will design and build platforms and services that will enable teams to develop their business solutions at a faster, more cohesive and standardized pace. You will also help drive our web ecosystem towards an easier-to-use, more unified state by providing guidance on best practices to our web teams.
We are building a first-class search experience for the web, a company-wide CMS system, and a client-facing developer website. If you are passionate about making a big impact by developing platforms which will be used by the entire company, we want to hear from you!
We'll trust you to:
- Help architect and develop reusable and scalable systems
- Work across multiple teams in Engineering
- Collaborate within an Agile, multi-disciplinary, fast paced team
- Communicate and interact with product managers and end-users
- Bring in best-in-class open-source technologies (with option to contribute back)
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of experience in modern frontend technologies (NodeJS, ReactJS, VueJS, HTML, CSS, Typescript, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience with server languages such as Golang, Python and/or NodeJS and solid understanding of databases (SQL, noSQL)
- Experience working with large groups of stakeholders to refine requirements and architecting scalable solutions
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of DevOps, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, and Deployment tools
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- SRE Mindset (debugging, performance, low-latency)
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Proven experience working with Apache Solr, Elastic Search, or other similar search engines.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus