Senior Software Engineer - Web Shared Services
New York, NY
Posted Sep 5, 2019 - Requisition No. 77123
Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone reaching over 80 million unique visitors a month through its digital properties. The Web Shared Services team is responsible for creating APIs that enable other teams to build Apps, websites and syndicate data to our partners. We scale Bloomberg proprietary data to web scale and manage a suite of microservices to achieve this. Every webpage or app powered by Bloomberg uses our services to get data.
What's in it for you:
Web Shared Services is starting to build Bloomberg Media’s next generation of public APIs. You will be part of the team that is responsible for creating a uniform interface for all the data that Bloomberg has to offer, bringing together our diverse catalogue of microservices and in the process enabling business to deliver features rapidly to end-users.
We'll trust you to:
- Help abstract away implementation details and complexity behind a simple, uniform API.
- Build reactive applications that can handle changes in throughput and network conditions gracefully.
- Build proactive alerting/monitoring around applications to identify issues before the end users see them.
- Develop and maintain documentation, training and SLA for managed applications and systems to socialize and be agents of change.
- Automate each and every monotonous task that affects developer productivity.
- Be comfortable with agile methodology, understand business problems and be driven to deliver value to business in an incremental way.
You need to have:
- 3+ years of experience working on high availability, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- A strong understanding of microservices and Restful APIs.
- 3+ years experience in building Java or Node.js based services in a Unix / Linux environment
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, such as Shell scripting and/or Python
- Experience working with relational databases.
Nice to have:
- Experience with automation in build processes and code deployment (Jenkins/Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience with Spring Framework's ecosystem, including Spring Boot and Spring MVC
- Experience with GraphQL as an interface to Restful APIs