Senior Software Engineer - Workflow Discovery & Analytics
New York, NY
Posted Apr 8, 2020 - Requisition No. 82012
The Workflow Discovery and Analytics team’s mission is a data-driven approach to improving the overall Bloomberg terminal experience. The applications we own help connect clients to the most relevant content on the terminal and enable internal product owners to understand their clients’ usage patterns.
Our usage analytics platform ingests over 50 million records per day from hundreds of Bloomberg’s most commonly used applications. As a full stack team, we tackle challenges involving everything from storing this large data volume to aggregating and visualizing it in our UI. The backbone of this application is a distributed pipeline that achieves performance by leveraging a variety of technologies including Solr, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, and Redis.
In addition, we’re currently building a brand-new product from the ground up that’s designed to help Bloomberg clients discover the content that’s most relevant to them at any given moment. Making use of the wealth of usage data we have at our fingertips, we hope to build a model that can curate highly specific workflow insights. This application will act as a hub for new users as they navigate the daunting amount of information available on the Bloomberg terminal. Still under development, you’ll have the opportunity to build this core functionality from the beginning!
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with a variety of languages and technologies to design scalable, robust systems.
- Advocate for best practices in testing and SDLC processes.
- Deeply understand customer needs and take on product ownership.
- Collaborate with team members in an agile, fast-paced environment.
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in an object-oriented language (C++ and/or Python strongly preferred).
- Passion for full stack development (both frontend and backend).
- Professional experience working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- BA, BS, MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology field.
We’d love to see:
- Eagerness to work with both proprietary Bloomberg and open source technologies.
- Willingness to take risks and challenge the status-quo to improve the team and product.
If this sounds like you, apply! We’ll get in touch if we believe you’re a good match and get started with a technical phone interview.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.