Senior Software Engineer - Workplace Ops & Productivity
New York, NY
Posted Jun 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 82197
The Engineering Workplace Operations and Productivity team supports a large technology portfolio that facilitates employee operations and efficiency on Bloomberg Terminal and Mobile Professional platforms. As gatekeepers of the Bloomberg brand, we provide exciting experiences to Bloomberg clients, vendors and visitors, along with direct impact on the productivity of 20,000 employees globally that interact with our systems on a daily basis.
As a core component of Internal Apps Engineering, our ubiquitous presence is realized throughout Bloomberg offices in domains ranging from location and space management, facilities management, event execution, project/task management, site maintenance/audits, time sheet billing, emergency procedures, appointment scheduling, room reservation, occupancy utilization, audio/video conferencing and software asset management. Some of our systems such as APPT are critical to the enterprise with nearly 100,000 hits a day.
In this role, you will have opportunities to build a workplace of the future at Bloomberg using data-driven analytics coupled with scalable and smart solutions that combine software and hardware technologies. If you believe that the purpose of work is to make everyone’s lives easier and you seek technology challenges in complex and highly-used distributed systems, then we’re the team for you!
You are a seasoned developer with strong technical skills and a consistent record of building innovative products. You are self-motivated to maximize business and technical value by understanding user needs and adoption requirements. Your collaborative ability to work with stakeholders, including engineering teams and business partners, will help move our products and processes forward.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be passionate about full-stack development and enthusiastic about acquiring functional and technical knowledge of a large product portfolio with visible firm-wide impact.
- Work with a variety of technologies to design scalable, robust and maintainable systems.
- Advocate for best practices in testing, continuous integration/deployment, and SDLC processes.
- “Start with why”, think big-picture, and take on product ownership.
You'll need to have:
- 3 or more years of professional experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and programming languages (Python or C# NET strongly preferred).
- Professional experience in relational databases (PostgreSQL or SQL Server strongly preferred).
- Professional experience working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
We'd love to see:
- Experience in designing and maintaining distributed systems or mission-critical software.
- Experience in automated testing, Agile development, and project management.
- Experience in queuing technologies like RabbitMQ and Kafka.
- Experience in mobile/web app development using Node.js and React.
- Experience or interest in natural language processing or machine learning applications.