Senior Software Engineer/SRE - Access Solutions Engineering Team
New York, NY
Posted Mar 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 81484
ENG Access Solutions provides services that allow Bloomberg clients to use our product from anywhere and our employees to be effective from any location. We are responsible for building and monitoring the infrastructure for these solutions. We currently have an extensive platform of both on premises and public cloud environments. Our on-prem and cloud infrastructure around the world provides infrastructure compute for thousands of VMs for the users of our products. Our team’s mission is to use automation to grow and monitor this environment.
Our Bloomberg Anywhere platform is used roughly 900,000 times a month for client and employee remote access to the Bloomberg Terminal. This environment adds tremendous value to the Bloomberg product offering and enables our clients to work remotely globally from multiple locations around the world. Given it's critical role in the workflow of our clients and Bloomberg, our team creates software and processes to make this environment scalable and deliver 99.99% uptime.
In addition to our customer facing solutions, we support a mobile solution for Bloomberg employees called bbVPN that empowers our users to work from anywhere more effectively. For example, developers can be more innovative by developing locally while maintaining access to Bloomberg's systems. For employees that need to work remotely from their own hardware, we provide remote desktop solutions. These products are all an integral part of the disaster recovery plan for our company and our clients. Our platform also provides a secure sandbox environment where users can access sensitive information or even untrusted or potentially malicious content.
We’ll trust you to:
- Help establish and apply SRE best practices to our solutions
- Engineer solutions to monitor the health, availability, and capacity of our environment
- Use automation to bring scalability and efficiency to our systems
- Maintain monitoring of our systems and provide solutions that can react to those alarms to minimize client impact and manual intervention
- Assist in architecting large-scale secure solutions for our teams products
- Define service level objectives and appropriate metrics to measure our performance against those objectives
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant SRE role
- Experience with using configuration and orchestration software such as Ansible or Chef
- Strong understanding of Linux systems including networking and administration
- Experience with cloud services like AWS and related tools such as Terraform
- Willingness to constantly learn and develop your skills and bring that knowledge back to the team
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
We'll love to see:
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere and OpenStack
- Continuous integration and deployment tools like Jenkins
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.