Senior Software Engineer/SRE - Portfolio Analytics
New York, NY
Posted May 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 90623
The mission of the System Reliability Engineering (SRE) team within Portfolio Analytics (PORT) is to develop software solutions that solve the problems of understanding, measuring, and improving the reliability of our massive enterprise analytics platform. Within a product delivering billions of calculations and data points to hundreds of the most demanding enterprise customers every day (and growing), our System Reliability Engineers ensure that all of our clients have reliable access to our services to receive critical analytical context about their portfolio investments. At the same time, we focus on supporting service improvements, expansion of our service offerings, and staying ahead of the constantly increasing load and demand from our customers.
Through thoughtful software engineering and collaboration with application engineers, members of the PORT SRE team build solutions that automate and optimize the ability for PORT services and systems to run reliably for our customers. Our SRE team makes an impact by increasing the observability of PORT services, automating capacity management of production infrastructure, and improving the resiliency of our system by minimizing the time it takes to resolve issues via automation in deployments and incident response.
We’ll trust you to:
- Engineer a high-quality production platform and promotion pipeline that ensures capacity for PORT services
- Collaborate with application development teams to identify gaps and opportunities to resolve issues and improve reliability across a wide spectrum of PORT products
- Improve the observability of PORT systems to help identify issues or bottlenecks
- Reduce human toil through software solutions and removing/automating manual tasks, steps, and workflows
- Work with a team to accomplish goals within an agile software development life cycle
You’ll need to have:
- Experience designing and developing software solutions in a high-level programming language
- Demonstrated understanding or experience working in all levels of the technical stack, from applications to underlying computing infrastructure and machine hardware
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, from development through production release
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt to changing priorities
- Eagerness and ability to work with different types of functional groups, share knowledge and contribute
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’ll love to see experience with:
- Containerization technologies
- Infrastructure as code and configuration management tools
- Defining and measuring service level indicators and service level objectives
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.