Senior Software Engineer/SRE - Public Cloud Platform Automation
New York, NY
Posted Nov 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 101721
Bloomberg's Platform Automation team builds solutions that drive cloud adoption at enterprise scale. As a team in our Public Cloud Engineering department, we manage and improve the core CI/CD pipelines developed in accordance with cloud standard methodologies and governance principles. Our solutions are a product of close collaboration with application and security teams with a focus on ensuring infrastructure is provisioned via Terraform and with accurate visibility and alerting. Our team provides the basic building blocks to build common application patterns like Kubernetes that can be used across the organization.
What's in it for you:
You will be part of a team that is building the foundation to support a multi-cloud environment for public cloud technologies and solutions! Through the use of modern tools and principles, you will be facilitating the expansion of Bloomberg's cloud footprint by building reusable infrastructure-as-code, spreading cloud architecture knowledge, and integrating modern cloud standards into our traditional environment to improve the elasticity and resiliency of Bloomberg's products. You will have an opportunity to make decisions on how best to solve problems by either building them from scratch, using a Cloud provider or a vendor solution or a combination of the two.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide development teams with self-serve tools to provision infrastructure, deploy/manage applications, and run their operational environments
- Implement industry-wide standard processes around public and private cloud infrastructure
- Adopt tools and technologies like Terraform and Kubernetes to help abstract underlying infrastructure
- Work closely with other development and infrastructure teams to evolve workflows to modern IaC, cloud-native architectures
You need to have:
- 4+ years of programming experience with an object-oriented programming language (Python or Shell Scripting)
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure Cloud, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience in building and managing CI/CD pipelines for provisioning infrastructure, building and deploying artifacts
- Strong understanding of Linux systems
- Proficiency and experience in provisioning and building infrastructure as code using tools like Terraform, Ansible, etc
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with containers and Kubernetes. Experience with cloud providers native offerings like EKS and AKS a plus
- A proven understanding of how to properly administer and secure cloud-based workloads, with an emphasis on the challenges of enterprise scale
- A deep understanding of Web technologies and reliability engineering
Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience aligns best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus