Senior Software Engineer/SRE - Public Cloud Solutions
New York, NY
Posted Nov 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 101718
Bloomberg's Public Cloud Solutions team builds solutions that drive cloud adoption at enterprise scale. As a team in our Public Cloud Engineering department, we work closely with application SRE teams to ensure cloud best practices and governance principles are applied. Our solutions cover a broad range of use cases across multiple cloud service providers. To operate at scale, we focus on ensuring infrastructure is seamlessly provisioned and repeatable using infrastructure-as-code patterns. Our team provides the basic building blocks like VPCs, network primitives, and IAM controls for standing up Cloud infrastructure.
What's in it for you:
You will be part of a team that is building the foundation to support a multi-cloud environment for public cloud technologies and solutions. Through the use of modern tools and principles, you will be facilitating the expansion of Bloomberg's cloud footprint by building reusable infrastructure-as-code, spreading cloud architecture knowledge, and integrating modern cloud standards into our traditional environment to improve the elasticity and resiliency of Bloomberg's products. You will have an opportunity to make decisions on how best to solve problems by either building them from scratch, using a Cloud provider or a vendor solution or a combination of the two.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide development teams with self-serve tools to provision infrastructure, deploy/manage applications, and run their operational environments
- Design scalable cloud-based solutions across multiple cloud providers to help modernize the Bloomberg ecosystem
- Implement industry-wide best practices around public cloud infrastructure
- Leverage tools and technologies like Terraform to provision and manage infrastructure in a repeatable and automated manner
- Work closely with other development and infrastructure teams to evolve legacy systems with modern, cloud-native design patterns
You need to have:
- 3+ years of experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure Cloud, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- An approach to build tools and solutions in collaboration with developers that simplify developer lives.
- A proven understanding of how to accurately administer and secure cloud-based workloads, with an emphasis on the challenges of enterprise scale
- Experience with architecting scalable and highly available distributed system
- Proficiency and experience in provisioning and building infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Proven years of professional experience with: Python or shell scripting
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- A deep understanding of stability & reliability engineering (SRE)
- Strong understanding of Linux systems
- Knowledge of network and application performance analysis using standard UNIX tools
- Experience working in a multi-cloud environment
- Experience working with customized terraform providers
- Experience in building and managing CI/CD pipelines for provisioning infrastructure, building and deploying artifacts
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus