Senior Software Engineer/SRE - Public Cloud Solutions
New York, NY
Posted Aug 13, 2021 - Requisition No. 87241
Bloomberg's Public Cloud Solutions team builds solutions that drive cloud adoption at enterprise scale. The solutions cover a broad range of use cases and are built in collaboration with the various stakeholders. To operate at scale, the push is to make provisioning of infrastructure seamless and repeatable using infrastructure-as-code patterns. Our team provides the basic building blocks like VPCs, network primitives, and IAM controls for standing up Cloud infrastructure. We work closely with application and security teams to build CI/CD pipelines to create artifacts(containers and AMIs), run infrastructure provisioning via Terraform, and build security data ingest pipelines to build visibility and alerting on Cloud security. Another area of focus for solutions is to build common application patterns like Kubernetes that can be used across the Organization.
What's in it for you:
You will be part of a team that is building the foundation to support a multi-cloud environment for public cloud technologies and solutions. Through the use of modern tools and principles, you will be facilitating the expansion of Bloomberg's cloud footprint by building reusable infrastructure-as-code, spreading cloud architecture knowledge, and integrating modern cloud standards into our traditional environment to improve the elasticity and resiliency of Bloomberg's products. You will have an opportunity to make decisions on how best to solve problems by either building them from scratch, using a Cloud provider or a vendor solution or a combination of the two.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide development teams with self-serve tools to provision infrastructure, deploy/manage applications, and run their operational environments
- Design scalable cloud-based solutions across multiple cloud providers to help modernize the Bloomberg ecosystem
- Implement industry-wide best practices around public and private cloud infrastructure
- Adopt tools and technologies like Terraform & Kubernetes to help abstract underlying infrastructure
- Work closely with other development and infrastructure teams to evolve legacy systems with modern, cloud-native design patterns
You need to have:
- 3+ years of experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience in building and managing CI/CD pipelines for provisioning infrastructure, building and deploying artifacts
- A mindset to build tools and solutions in collaboration with developers that simplify developer lives.
- Strong understanding of Linux systems
- A proven understanding of how to properly administer and secure cloud-based workloads, with an emphasis on the challenges of enterprise scale
- Experience with network troubleshooting including IP fundamentals, DNS, load balancing, proxies and firewalls
- Proficiency and experience in provisioning and building infrastructure as code using tools like Terraform,Ansible, etc
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, Ruby, C/C++, Go or Java
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- A deep understanding of web technologies and stability & reliability engineering (SRE)
- Experience working with containers and Kubernetes. Experience with cloud providers native offerings like EKS and AKS a plus
- Knowledge of network and application performance analysis using standard UNIX tools
- Experience working in a multi-cloud environment
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.