Senior Software Engineer for Enterprise Connectivity
New York, NY
Posted Oct 7, 2019 - Requisition No. 78841
The Enterprise Connectivity & Integration group is changing the way our Enterprise clients connect and integrate with Bloomberg by building an Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) offering, giving clients a flexible generic tool to self-service their needs. We engineer technology for high throughput and low-latency secure data transfer over a distributed cloud-based infrastructure. We allow our users to provision and get analytics over their integration suite with Bloomberg products, accessible through a single system available online (console.bloomberg.com) and in the Bloomberg Terminal. This is an area that is growing rapidly. With ever increasing demands for more capabilities from our clients, Enterprise Connectivity is building new strategic cloud-based infrastructure in order to provide secure, reliable and scalable connectivity solutions over multiple channels, including Messaging, FIX, SFTP and Web API.
What’s the Role?
As a member of our Enterprise Connectivity engineering team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, support and enhancement of client facing connectivity services. You will build elastic and fault-tolerant connectivity that can ensure high throughput under heavy volume, and managed through our self-service tools over our large-scale distributed systems and network. You will also build tools to manage and automate connectivity stability for MQ or SFTP over cloud infrastructure, as well as building a secure proxy to marshal the traffic.
You'll need to have:
- Experience working in Python, Go Lang or C++
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, IaaS, application security, monitoring and storage system
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and understanding of data structures and algorithm
- Can work in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Is excited to work with a variety of open source technologies to develop innovative solutions
- Strong sense of ownership, able to drive and take projects across the finish line
We'd love to see:
- Exposure to connectivity protocols like SFTP, HTTP and MQ
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with open source technologies like Postgres, Docker, Service Mesh
- Understanding of cryptography/security protocols and standards such as TLS, SSH, OAuth
- Innovative mind-set, generate ideas to overcome challenges.
- Experience delivering in a dynamic and rapidly changing, technical environment.