Senior Software Engineer in Test - Trading & Analytics
New York, NY
Posted May 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 102000
Do you want a front-row seat to the financial markets, gain insights and perspectives on how they work, and test software that helps shape their future success? Join us! Bloomberg is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Quality Assurance team and test our platforms in Trading & Analytics products. We perform functional software testing for Fixed Income and FX Trading, Execution Management System (EMSX) and Post Trade Regulatory Offerings. We operate in an Agile Development environment and are looking for a self-motivated software tester with a passion for quality, testing software and test automation.
Partnering with our Application Engineering and Business teams globally will give you exposure to our markets, client trends and the latest technology innovations we are building to find creative ways to test and improve our trading platforms.
You’ll need to have:
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science or related technology field and 3+ years' engineering and test experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- An understanding of modern design patterns and proven experience applying them
- Passion for testing and experience in backend or front end testing frameworks
We'd love to see:
- Proven expertise in driving automated testing, utilizing the latest technology stack
- Experience creating automation frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Knowledge of BDD and TDD Frameworks such as Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium and Jest
- Understanding of Financial Markets
- Experience with FIX testing and creating automated tests for FIX protocol workflows
- Experience with mentoring and training other members of the team
- Comfortable with giving demos to multiple teams to showcase work progress
- Experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.