Senior Software Engineer- Cryptographic Hardware Services
New York, NY
Posted Feb 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 114324
In the Software Security Platform group, our mission is to continuously improve Bloomberg’s security posture by building foundational services and libraries that enable zero-trust application architectures! Our work involves addressing security issues and problems in highly available, low latency distributed systems.
The systems we build are used to secure every interaction our clients have with Bloomberg’s applications and APIs! Our clients trust us with large volumes of critical data every day, and our libraries and services are used to encrypt and protect it. We therefore pay phenomenal attention not only to security, but also to scalability and performance.
The Cryptographic Hardware Services team is entrusted with maintaining Bloomberg’s most critical cryptographic key material. Protecting the ‘keys to the kingdom’ requires we employ both innovative equipment and industry standard methodology procedures. We’re investing in this team to create a scalable solution for providing hardware-based cryptographic services to many more of the software solutions across Bloomberg. This solution will require a multi-disciplinary team for engineering components as well as automating and performing well-drilled operations.
As a software engineer you will be responsible for designing and building robust and reliable distributed systems to automate the provisioning of secret material across a fleet of Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) and the libraries and services to enable other developers to easily use the HSMs-as-a-Service.
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of programming experience with an systems programming language (C, C++, Rust, or Golang)
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience programming applications using Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) or Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs)
- Experience designing and building scalable and robust software systems
- Deep understanding of X.509 and certificate management processes involved in maintaining a Public Key Infrastructure
- Solid understanding of cryptography
- Good understanding of secure coding techniques and IT security principles
We'd love to see:
- Experience building security critical RPC servers with appropriate authentication and authorization
- Experience managing, installing and administering Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) and associated software services
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus