Senior Software Engineer- Data Modeler
New York, NY
Posted May 10, 2019 - Requisition No. 75073
As the Senior Enterprise Data Modeler, you will be expected to demonstrate data modeling best practices along with cross industry data and data modeling tool expertise. If you join our team of engineers, you'll have the opportunity to design data models, metadata management and data profiling. All your hard work will contribute to our system's architecture and assisting in defining Bloomberg's standards & procedures.
The TMS (Transaction Management System) team is an integral part of Bloomberg’s enterprise Trading and Order Management Systems delivering front-office inventory, portfolio, sales and trading, and middle and back office solutions to both the Buy and Sell-Side financial community. Our clients are some of the largest financial institutions in the world who need a reliable platform to run their trading operations.
In TMS we are on a mission to provide a scalable Enterprise Trading Platform across multiple sectors. This platform will bring transparency to business transactions and enhance trade life-cycle events.
What's in it for you:
- Have an opportunity to partner with both product and engineering teams to find opportunities and solutions to business problems.
- Collaborate to design and implement internal tools, such as test validations, automated product reports, and workflows.
- To have a real, driving impact on the daily business of the Trading & Analytics department at Bloomberg through implementing technical solutions that address core business needs.
We'll trust you to:
- Research and use state-of-the-art data modeling techniques, as well as to participate in modeling innovation
- Architect advanced DBMS solutions, support the development of large complex environments, and handle the execution of DB implementation
- Evaluate tools, monitor database performance, and provide analytical recommendations for large scale, complex business applications
- Be a team player with the willingness to collaborate with other technical and non-technical partners
- Maintain strong data governance discipline
- Be highly effective at facilitation of data requirements sessions for complex applications
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience
- Experienced knowledge of data modeling using Erwin, ER/Studio or UML metadata management tools
- A strong desire and capacity to understand both the technical and business functions of all supported products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with financial products and trading system workflows
- Knowledge of ISDA standards, common data models, and FIX protocols is a big plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Are you excited by these challenges and have a passion for technology? If so, we want to talk to you!