Senior Software Engineer- HR Engineering (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 6, 2019 - Requisition No. 71614
More than 19,000 Bloomberg employees work to support the company’s core product, the Bloomberg Professional Service. Bloomberg Human Resources teams rely on the applications our team builds to keep such a big organization running smoothly and efficiently. In HR Engineering, we are building applications and tools to streamline complex workflows related to recruiting, employee onboarding, compensation, philanthropy and engagement that help our HR teams manage our internal employees efficiently. We are looking for passionate engineers who want to help us take our products to the next level.
On our team, you will be working with enthusiastic technologists and given unique opportunities to work with the senior executives and business leaders of the organization to deliver end-to-end products. You will lead projects, collaborate with the business, and meet with end users to understand their workflows. Our team is composed of diverse groups that are responsible for supporting high visibility tools and systems.
We are looking for engineers to join our compensation, philanthropy, recruiting, and core HR functions teams. You can expect to work on a variety of products such as storage and securitization tools for sensitive HR documents, automating workflows for complex HR processes, and tools to help manage career development for Bloomberg employees.
On the Recruiting Engineering team, you can expect to work on software and systems that allow candidates to find and apply to opportunities on our Bloomberg Careers site and HR to manage the recruitment process in our applicant tracking system designed and built in-house to meet our company’s unique and evolving business needs.
On the Philanthropy Engineering team, you will be able to work on ongoing efforts to integrate with 3rd party cloud based systems for our grant management teams and partner charitable organizations. The corporate Philanthropy & Engagement program at Bloomberg inspires the next generation of leaders through a diverse range of mentoring and education initiatives. You’ll be adding more features to our internal application that employees use to volunteer and make charitable contributions to an ever-increasing list of charities sponsored by Bloomberg Philanthropies.
If you are passionate about high-quality user interfaces, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment alongside other exceptional people, apply below!
We will trust you to:
- Take ownership of the products you are building and understand the needs of end users
- Prototype, build and iterate at a rapid pace
- Work with a variety of technologies to develop innovative solutions
- Collaborate in an agile, fast-paced team
- Be a problem solver and think outside the box
- Deliver on time without compromising on quality
You will need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing complex full stack software applications
- Experience in Python, C, C++, or C#
- Familiarity with SQL Server DB and PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with the Agile development process
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We would love to see:
- Experience shipping high-profile user-facing products, working with large code bases, and engineering features for security, scalability, and high availability
- An understanding of the design, implementation, and deployment of high performance, large-scale applications in a distributed environment
- An interest in the latest technologies, industry practices, research, and trends