Senior Software Engineer- Platform Automation
New York, NY
Posted May 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 100443
Bloomberg’s Software Infrastructure Application Frameworks group is known to the rest of the Engineering community for building libraries, development environments and services used by most Terminal application developers. We are also responsible for delivering the core terminal software installed on clients’ desktops and for the tools used to automate its build, test and deployment process.
That's where you come in. As a Senior Software Engineer on our team, you’ll focus on building and enhancing test infrastructure for our client-side software which runs on hundreds of thousands of desktops worldwide; you’ll work with start-of-the-art tools for the continuous build and delivery of software packages; you’ll be writing libraries and applications to measure and monitor performance of our applications in a variety of environments where it is deployed; you will also help us automate business and end user workflows for the Bloomberg Core Terminal.
You’ll need to have:
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of building automation frameworks or related developer tools
- Experience with Jenkins/Bamboo and Git
- Familiarity with C/C++ development on Windows and MacOS
- Understanding of DevOps practices and methodologies
We'd love to see:
- Experience with cucumber, selenium, puppeteer or other open-source test frameworks
- Experience with Node or Electron
- In-depth understanding of the CI setup on Windows and MacOS
- Passion for making things more efficient, and automating manual work whenever possible
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.