Senior Software Engineer- RDP Market Data Services
New York, NY
Posted Apr 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 102460
Who we are:
Bloomberg’s data underpins the world’s financial systems, and the Real-Time Distribution Platform (RDP) brings it to hundreds of thousands of Enterprise customers and Bloomberg Terminal users. We’re building the largest data distribution infrastructure in the world which delivers hundreds of billions of data points every day to our clients in real-time. Our clients rely on this information to be successful in their day-to-day trading, analytics, portfolio and risk management, and more. Given the scale, speed, and business critical nature of our product, we’re constantly focused on scalability, reliability and performance.
The Market Data Services team owns the suite of services used by the Bloomberg Terminal, Desktop API, and BPIPE to provide our customers with market data This includes financial reference data, historical data, intraday data, as well as providing the transformations necessary to map customer requests to unique subscription topics based on the securities they request and the subscription behavior that they desire. Our software interfaces with every financial data source within Bloomberg and provides a uniform model of the data across all asset classes, consumable through any Bloomberg application or programmatically via the Real-time Distribution Platform. Our team’s infrastructure processes billions of requests per day and provides the foundation of every Bloomberg market data product.
What’s in it for you:
- Re-architect and modernize the most critical set of internal and external client-facing services at Bloomberg
- Experience a broad cross-section of Bloomberg’s market data and develop an understanding of what it means to provide a unified experience for our clients across every asset class
- Own mission-critical infrastructure serving hundreds of thousands of users and serving billions of data points
- Work in a highly autonomous and impact driven environment.
The technologies you’ll use:Languages: Python, C++, Java/Type Script, SQL
Platforms: Linux, Unix
Tools: Jenkins, Docker
You’ll need to have:
- BA, BS, MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- 3+ years of professional experience writing robust and maintainable code
- Experience working in Linux and/or UNIX environments
- Software development experience with an object-oriented language
- The ability to work with our Product stakeholders to build and enhance the capabilities of our applications and prioritize the value addition to our users
- The desire to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle effectively through to resolution
- Interest in market data and curiosity in exploring how different the data of different asset classes is expressed through Bloomberg’s data model
- Familiarity with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Experience with large scale infrastructure projects that cannot interrupt client service
- Interest in keeping up with technological advances and proven success at incorporating new technology into existing systems
We’d love to see:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.