Senior Software Engineer- RDP Metering
New York, NY
Posted Apr 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 102334
Who we are:
Bloomberg’s data underpins the world’s financial systems, and the Real-Time Distribution Platform (RDP) brings it to hundreds of thousands of Enterprise customers and Bloomberg Terminal users. We’re building the largest data distribution infrastructure in the world which delivers hundreds of billions of data points every day to our clients in real-time. Our clients rely on this information to be successful in their day-to-day trading, analytics, portfolio and risk management, and more. Given the scale, speed, and business critical nature of our product, we’re constantly focused on scalability, reliability and performance.
The Metering team powers the measurement and control of the data consumed at Bloomberg. We provide real-time transparency into the data that is being consumed by our users, allowing us to report, protect, and monetize our data. We provide this service to every major product at Bloomberg: The Terminal, the Desktop API, the Real-time Enterprise data business, BQuant, and more, and our clients’ appetite for data only grows.
What’s in it for you:
- Join a group of engineers in the early stages of a major multi-year system re-architecture and rewrite, with a focus on shifting to modern technologies
- Languages: Python, C++, Java Script, SQL - Platforms: Unix,Linux
- Work on sharding and scaling problems to make the metering system ready for future growth including adapting stream processing frameworks
- Work on mission-critical infrastructure serving hundreds of thousands of users and serving billions of data points
- Work in a highly autonomous and impact driven environment.
The technologies you’ll use:
- Tools: Jenkins,Docker
- Tech Stack: RabbitMQ, Kafka, Stream Processing Frameworks, Redis, mySQL, Avro
You’ll need to have:
- BA, BS, MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- 3+ years of professional experience writing robust and maintainable code
- Experience working in Linux and/or UNIX environments
- A desire to work with high throughput, highly available distributed systems
- A collaborative and enthusiastic attitude
- Bias for action
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Experience leading projects from ideation to delivery and mentoring engineers
- Experience on large scale software migration initiatives and/or stream processing systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.