Senior Software Engineer- Security Automation & Tools
New York, NY
Posted Jan 4, 2023 - Requisition No. 113094
The Security Automation & Tools team, part of Security Engineering, is responsible for Protecting and Securing Bloomberg's production environment, by providing a suite of modern, highly-available, enterprise security tools, which enforce security best-practices and govern and control access within our enterprise.
Our philosophy is to treat infrastructure as code -- we model various access control definitions (such as Firewall Policies, Proxy Rules, sudo and ssh rules, role-account access) in software, and enforce security around how they are connected to each other to support Bloomberg Professional and related services.
This is an outstanding opportunity to help build robust, high-scale systems which will power the future of Bloomberg's automated security and access-control infrastructure! You’ll be trusted to define standards, frameworks, libraries and tools as well as architectural designs and solutions to some of the field’s most exciting problems.
We'll trust you to:
- Actively contribute in defining both tools and architectural designs used by the team
- Encourage, mentor and train junior team members
- Practice and promote the use of a modern software development lifecycle
- Engage with customers to capture and refine requirements
- Autonomously develop technical solutions to achieve objectives and required service levels, performance, and economics
- Proactively research and follow industry trends, standard methodologies, and open source projects in security engineering
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of programming experience with an object-oriented programming language (Python or Go)
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Extensive knowledge in software testing and delivery standard processes
- The ability to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle them effectively to resolution
We'd love to see:
- Contributions to Open Source projects especially related to Automation and Security Engineering
- Understanding Orchestration and Automation Frameworks, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- A keen interest in keeping abreast of technological advances and proven success at incorporating new technology into existing systems
- Knowledge of Linux, networking and system administration
Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience aligns best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus