Senior Software Engineer- Detection & Analytics
New York, NY
Posted May 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 102599
The Security Detection and Analytics Engineering (SDAE) team is the dedicated security engineering team for Bloomberg's Computer Incident Response team (CIRT) and Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC). We provide software development and infrastructure as a service to the people that monitor and protect Bloomberg customers and employees. Their mission to prevent, detect, and respond to cyber security incidents!
We build custom full stack web applications, integrate with other open source and commercial security tools and appliances, and provide infrastructure as a service.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design and implement solutions to sophisticated security problems at scale
- Engineer full stack web applications in multiple languages and frameworks
- Build and document APIs for our stakeholders and other Bloomberg security teams
- Integrate with open source and commercial security software and appliances via APIs
- Work directly with CIRT and CSOC team members for feature requests and bug reports
- Write modules in our company's orchestration frameworks to deploy configurations and infrastructure as a service
You’ll need to have:
- Prior experience designing and implementing full stack applications as part of a team
- Experience with some of our teams commonly used technologies: PostgresSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, NodeJS, Flask
- Experience with orchestration and automation frameworks (optional): Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt
- Prior experience with workflow frameworks (optional): Airflow, Argo
- Priority security engineering experience or familiarity with open source and commercial security products is desirable but not required
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com