Senior Software Engineer- Security Infrastructure
New York, NY
Posted May 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 87279
The Security Infrastructure SRE Team is essential for our ability to manage and scale security systems at Bloomberg. This team is responsible for a broad set of systems that are essential for our ability to secure the enterprise and protect our client data. The solutions managed by this team cover a broad range of use cases and are built in collaboration with various stakeholders. To operate at scale, the push is to make provisioning of security infrastructure seamless and repeatable using infrastructure-as-code patterns and using various automation techniques.
The team strives to quantify confidence in the systems they maintain and to drive additional confidence in the systems' ability to perform as expected. Through thorough monitoring and telemetry collection, the team can use past performance to predicate and understand future reliability. The team assumes nothing of the systems that they manage unless they are explicitly tested building further confidence in the systems they operate.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze business requirements, collaborate with internal and external development groups, and design & build innovative security solutions
- Work with team members and other engineering teams to design scalable and robust systems
- Integrate a hybrid architecture of both black box and custom-developed software into a comprehensive solution
- Take ownership of projects while collaborating with us, your teammates, following an agile and test-driven approach
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of hands on software programming experience (we value skills, contributions and passions more than years of experience)
- Strong knowledge of OOD/OOP, algorithms/data structures, software development principles, Agile methodologies, modern design patterns, TDD, and service-oriented architecture
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages and willingness to pick up more as needed: Python, Go, C++
- Experience building scalable systems with a high volume of data throughput
- Strong problem solving and design skills
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'll love to see:
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment
- Understanding of RESTful API design
- Linux kernel level debugging and eBPF experience
- Experience building systems that use Linux, Windows, and macOS internals APIs
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.