Senior Software Integration Engineer - Bloomberg Broadway
New York, NY
Posted Jan 9, 2024 - Requisition No. 122514
Bloomberg Broadway builds and sells high-performance distributed systems that make the business of trading and transacting money (and other financial assets) easier, faster, safer, and more thoughtful for everyone involved. Our technology makes it simple to create, combine, and extend large-scale, high-performance intelligent systems in ways that were never before possible!
Our Software Integration Engineers work directly with our customers to engineer Fixed Income trading solutions, as well as work on long-term engagements from business analysis through to deployment, customer adoption, and ongoing customization.
On our team, you can expect to help us by:
- Designing, developing, and releasing sophisticated applications for critically important distributed trading systems
- Integrating Broadway’s highly configurable products to compose novel solutions that achieve client business objectives
- Serving as the tip of the spear for qualifying Broadway’s R&D initiatives
We’ll trust you to:
- Engage with customer users (traders, developers, quants, technology, and business managers), building expertise in trading workflows and objectives in order to develop business and technical requirements for your engagement
- Take hands-on project ownership, ensuring details are being handled to achieve the overall intended scope
- Supervise multi-stakeholder customer relationships throughout the project lifecycle
- Extend system capabilities through implementing distributed system components in Python, C#, Java, and/or C++
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ or more years of object-oriented programming experience (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of software engineering principles and/or extensive systems engineering experience
- Experience solving problems in an enterprise real-time distributed system
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- Outstanding communication skills & the ability to drive conversations and handle expectations internally and externally
We’d love to see:
- Experience obtaining business requirements and turning those requirements into technical solutions
- Front office capital markets knowledge
- Experience with financial software or trading
- High-curiosity for both business and technology strategies, processes, and objectives (pushing past surface-level understanding to gain a granular command of different ecosystems)
- Goal-oriented teammate who can address problems and navigate independently through people, process, and technology challenges
- A willingness to openly share information, help others, and be receptive to new insights
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus