Senior Source-to-Pay Reporting Analyst - Finance & Administration (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Oct 25, 2023 - Requisition No. 121169
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
We are the Performance Optimization team. We collaborate to drive and implement continuous improvement across the end-to-end Source-to-Pay (S2P) process and organization. We work closely with leadership and representation from Sourcing, Procurement, Global Supplier Lifecycle Support, and Accounts Payable to identify, prioritize, and execute process improvements within and across these teams. We are also a key liaison to the technology teams that support S2P, partnering to translate ideas into system design and solutions
As a Reporting Analyst with the Performance Optimization team, you will build and interpret data models, and generate meaningful quantitative insights and reports about our Source-to-Pay Processes. You will collaborate with Business Stakeholders at all management levels as well as the Performance Optimization team to measure the success of our process improvement roadmap. You will effectively facilitate and guide stakeholders to an aligned understanding of insights generated by data, and “follow the data” to generate further insights as the business needs demand. You will partner with our reporting technology team to ensure correct data access and lineage to ensure accurate reporting from the source. You will look for opportunities to optimize our existing dashboards and reports and will partner with the appropriate stakeholders and teams to execute.
We’ll trust you to:
- Gather requirements, build and distribute reports with accuracy and speed
- Create and maintain KPI dashboards utilizing available BI tools, in partnership with Global Process Owners and Technical Teams
- Quickly design proof of concept dashboards/reports in Excel and respond to iterative feedback
- Provide guidance on reporting best practices for Source-to-Pay
- Liaise between Business and Technology reporting team
- Take an investigative approach to leverage data from multiple sources to perform root cause analysis
- Create understandable, compelling narrative summaries to complement your analysis and provide meaning for various stakeholder groups
- Develop presentations for senior management
- Provide day-to-day customer support in a highly professional manner as a representative of the Bloomberg Source-to-Pay function to internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Provide overall support to the Performance Optimization team as needed
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree required in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Economics, Math
- 5+ years of relevant business experience
- Excellent Excel skills
- SAP AO proficiency
- Advanced experienced in BI tools (preferably Qliksense)
- Proven mastery of data analysis: trend identification, data quality assessment, statistical analysis techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated learning agility (e.g., quick learner)
- Intellectual curiosity and a genuine interest in getting to the root of a problem and driving sustainable, positive change
- The ability to act as a change agent and challenge the status quo
- Self-motivation and a proactive approach to drive results
- A flexible approach to managing work, thriving in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organization skills and an eye for detail, balanced by an ability to summarize insights and present to/interact with various stakeholders across the organization
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and deal with ambiguity
or Sciences (or a related field of study)
We’d love to see:
- An analytical and detail-oriented problem solver
- Experience with SAP or other software across the Source to Pay process (SAP S4/Hana, BW, SRM, CLM, Sourcing, SAP Analytics Cloud), Ariba (SIPM, SRM/MDM), Qlik/Tableau, Microsoft Visio, Power Query
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 50 - 65 USD Hourly