Senior Systems Administrator - Desktop Services
New York, NY
Posted Apr 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 74894
Our Global Information Systems Group (Infosys) is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal technology systems. This includes our global network, and the hardware and software to support nearly 19,000 employees in more than 170 offices around the world. We are also responsible for the audio-visual technology in all of Bloomberg’s public spaces (including training and conference rooms) which host more than 500,000 visitors to Bloomberg offices each year.
Our employees rely on the technology solutions and support Infosys provides to do their jobs in a dynamic, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment. We are a close-knit, hardworking team organized into 5 groups: Service Desk, Desktop Technicians, Infrastructure, Audio-Visual and Mobile Technology. Each of these groups develop, deploy, and rely on a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide. Those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well, and where we need to improve.
For example, our 19,000 employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 400+ software titles, and monitor/implement security for a global corporate network that includes 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays, and 120,000 network connections.
What's In It For You:
The Bloomberg Information Systems Desktop Services SysAdmin Team is seeking a Microsoft System Center support member to support our internal IT systems. You will be responsible for day to day support of the SCCM deployment and infrastructure primarily focused on the AMER region but also provide follow-the-sun support for other regions. The position requires a high degree of technical proficiency and experience in Operating System and Software deployment. You will demonstrate your scripting skills to help manage the Infrastructure.
You'll need To Have:
- 7+ Years of experience with medium to large scale IT enterprise application and/or infrastructure
- Comprehensive scripting skills utilizing PowerShell & Python
- Advanced SCCM OS, Software, patch deployment using SCCM Current Branch in a multisite corporate Environment
- Solid understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy architecture
- Experience in Enterprise Microsoft and Third Party security patching
- Experience with Windows 10 support
- Experience with Azure/InTune
- Advanced understanding of Windows Operating Systems
- Experience with SQL queries
- Experience with Citrix based environments
- 3rd line technical support experience in a Windows/AD global environment
- Knowledge in server and client application administration
- Experience with other MS System Center applications desirable (SCOM, Orchestrator)
- Windows system internals, network design principles, and routing knowledge
Architecture and Support
We Would Love To See:
- Knowledge in packaging with Admin Studio or similar applications
- IT Security Fundamentals
- Mac administration skills including deploying software and patches
- Programming in Python, Ruby, C++ or other modern programming languages
- Experience with SPLUNK/GUTS/
- Linux Administration (Redhat, Ubuntu, Fedora, etc)
- Leadership Experience
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.