Senior Talent & Organizational Development Partner
New York, NY
Posted Jan 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 73211
We work with purpose at Bloomberg, and you know exactly what that means. In Global Leadership and Talent Development; we’re passionate about finding, hiring and developing all-star talent at Bloomberg. It’s the most important thing we do, and it’s our purpose. Our team strives to make Bloomberg more successful by assessing our talent, identifying skill gaps, and creating curated learning experiences to fill those gaps.
Our team is a group of leadership, learning and organizational development specialists working alongside HR business partners, recruiters and business leaders. We use a broad approach to developing learning solutions and talent strategies, always taking into account Bloomberg's global scope, diverse businesses and a desire to remain nimble. We support Bloomberg's overall business goals by serving as partners and consultants, helping develop existing leaders and identify and develop high potential talent.
What’s the role?
As a Talent Partner you’ll collaborate with business leaders and the Global business aligned HR team to deliver OD, talent and learning solutions aligned to the overarching business unit strategy and objectives. You’ll be tasked to provide a full suite of Leadership and Talent Development solutions ensuring they are culturally relevant, scalable globally and aligned with global priorities. You’ll support the identification, development and management of leadership talent recommend and implement a wide range of learning and development, and be part of a team that designs, delivers and evaluates the core leadership curriculum from aspiring leaders to senior managers.
In addition to supporting our leaders in the Americas, our New York-based Talent Partners work with our Talent Development teams in EMEA and APAC to develop our leaders and teams around the globe.
Who are you?
You’ll thrive in our area as an exceptional multi-tasker, who has a real passion for talent strategy development and learning solutions. You are able to understand our businesses challenges and opportunities and see how they link to talent development needs. You’re a problem-solver who thinks fast and adapts quickly to change, and is happy to be "hands-on" in all aspects of our team's work. Most of all, you’re client-service oriented with outstanding critical thinking and communication skills.
You’re someone who thinks globally but able to customize the requirement to local needs and a high degree of integrity and want to make a difference.
We'll trust you to:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with HR colleagues and senior leaders to understand the leadership, talent and learning needs from their business areas and engage resources from the enterprise Talent Development team to build solutions
- Provide advisory support to HR BP's and business leadership to assess talent potential, capability and fit, ensuring workforce plans to solve for future needs, as a well as succession plans for critical roles and individuals across the business
- Drive development planning using enterprise standards set by the COE, while providing oversight on completion of development plans and actions by business leaders
- Work collaboratively with Talent Development colleagues locally and globally to drive the talent plan for businesses you support
- Support the technical training team embedded with the business to identify people development and soft skill development needs, and incorporate them into business training [open to changes to this language]
- Facilitate the identification, development and management of mentoring and coaching needs within the business
- Design selected leadership development courses / solutions to be utilized regionally and globally
- Work in partnership with the COE to develop a business line onboarding playbook for undergraduate and experienced hires
You'll need to be able to:
- Partner with business managers and HR Business Partners to create and implement strategic talent plans
- Be pragmatic and passionate about leadership and talent management
- Adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Communicate persuasively and credibly (both verbally and in writing)
- Deliver classroom, blended and remote training offerings for leadership audiences
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Organization Development (OD), Instructional Design (ID), Learning & Development (L&D), Education, Human Resources (HR) or other related discipline
- Proven track record of design and delivery of OD, leadership and learning in a commercial environment, with a strong emphasis on end to end talent management
- Excellent training delivery and facilitation skills, with experience delivering to international groups and using a variety of delivery methods and platforms
- Demonstrated understanding of learning and development in design choices and the use of different media
- Previous project management experience
We'd love to see:
- Experience with diversity and inclusion work
- Consulting experience
- Experience in financial or professional services
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.