Every day, over 5,000 developers rely on us to build the core foundation required for their applications. On our team, we build middleware - the software infrastructure designed for creating large-scale, fault-tolerant applications that run on thousands of machines throughout the world. Were two dozen C++ programmers building a complex infrastructure using a variety of programming paradigms such as RPC, publish/subscribe, and message queues.
With thousands of clients depending on our infrastructure solutions, Middleware and Core Services is enjoying an exciting period of growth and iscurrently seeking a senior-level technical product manager. As part of thisdynamic team, you will be responsible for defining the product roadmaps forwidely-used proprietary frameworks such as Bloomberg Application Services (BAS) and Real-Time Distribution Platform (RDP).
This position involves collaborating with the chief product owner, stakeholders and development teams. This position requires strong technical leadership but does not involve people/team management.
We will trust you to:
- Develop a vision of the technology evolution strategies, and communicate the reason WHY behind these strategies.
- Maintain communication channels with stakeholders and development teams to draft vision statements, roadmaps, and release planning forecasts. Perform continuous grooming of the product backlog.
- Develop stories/epics to ensure that development teams focus on work items that are aligned with product strategy and deliver maximum value. Provide clear and concise acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Communicate with development teams in technical details, understand the implications of certain decisions, and make trade-offs in terms of complexity, depth or even timelines. Participate in conversations when programmers are debating the best way to implement something. Help the teams make more accurate estimates.
- Make tough decisions that require making risky changes, prioritizing bugs, or even negotiating the technical debt.
You will need to have:
- A good software engineering background (especially SDLC) and enough programming skills to be able to test and demonstrate the various product features yourself.
- A proven track-record of collaborating with other business units and engineering teams.
- The ability to clearly articulate ideas and garner support for your initiatives.
- Excellent presentation skills including technical writing, diagramming and public speaking.
- A strong sense of ownership.- Experience with Lean/Agile Software Development Life-cycle plus JIRA.
If this sounds like you, apply!