Senior Test Engineer - Real-time Distribution Platform - Core Services (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted May 7, 2018 - Requisition No. 66937
Bloomberg’s market data is the foundation of the world’s financial systems and brings transparency to financial markets. The real-time distribution platform (RDP) is the conduit from Bloomberg to our clients that ensures our data is disseminated quickly, accurately, and reliably.
Our team is architecting and designing the entire infrastructure for metering and monitoring our client's data usage and authorizing our users to be able to access the right data and services on the platform.
We also need to build a test framework for this platform. That’s where you come in.
As a Test Automation engineer, you will help build/utilize a Python-based framework for automated testing and data and feature quality assurance. If you have an aptitude for problem solving and are eager to measure the quality of real time systems, we’d love to talk to you!
We’ll trust you to:
- Outline and execute the strategy for functional,integration and data quality testing
- Enhance Python based test framework and test scripts
- Actively participate in our daily scrums to help establish a Test Driven Development approach
- Implement and analyze regression test reports
- Craft performance tests to ensure that the system performs and scales appropriately
You will need to have:
- 3+ years’ experience developing applications and tests in Python
- Familiarity with containers like Docker,etc
- Experience working with Linux tools.
- Familiarity with SDLC tools like Jenkins,github,etc to make the developer workflow integrated with automated integration testing.
We’d love to see:
- Working knowledge of C++
- Experience with working on BDD test frameworks. (E.g. ROBOT)
- Experience working with Databases.
What’s in it for you?
Since our group works with diverse technologies including Python,Jenkins, SonarQube,Containers,ROBOT there are plenty of avenues to innovate and contribute.