Senior TypeScript Software Engineer - Trade Automation & Execution
New York, NY
Posted Nov 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 93572
Bloomberg Trade Automation & Execution department owns various trading applications that execute critical trades that move the financial markets around the world. With trillions of dollars traded on our systems daily, our business continues to evolve towards trends such as trade automation, predictive analytics, higher data volumes, and an increased focus on performance.
Currently, there are three focus areas in our department:
- Improve and enhance our Cross-Asset Trading System (CATS) platform and onboard more trading applications on it
- Use cutting-edge technology to offer next-generation trading functionality to our clients
- Build out BDD testing infrastructure to empower application and QA teams in creating end-to-end UI testing; leading to increased reliability and stability
Who we are:
We are a full stack team pushing TypeScript to its limits in both the UI and service layers. Our code is highly asynchronous and event-driven. We’re focused on building a responsive and intuitive UI powered by complex business logic running on our TypeScript servers. Occasionally we also need to leverage other languages such as C++ and Python whenever it is necessary.
We are a friendly team of engineers with diverse backgrounds. As a team, we prioritize building for the future of our product and work collaboratively to design architectures and new features. You’ll have the opportunity to work with various teams across Bloomberg and contribute to the team as it continues to grow and evolve. You do not need a background in finance to be successful here.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build mission-critical trading applications using cutting edge technologies, while maintaining system stability
- Be creative in solving complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Work with product managers as well as other engineering groups to translate high level requirements into actionable solutions
- Drive the incorporation of new technologies and improve development practices
- Mentor others and encourage knowledge sharing in order to drive the growth of the team
You’ll need to have:
- A desire to deepen knowledge and understanding of TypeScript
- Good communication skills to work with other teams and explain technical problems to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with developing production quality systems
- A good understanding of basic concepts of unit testing and a willingness to practice TDD and BDD
- An open mindset to using new technologies and practices
- Strong software engineering mindset and advocate for SDLC best practices
Strong problem solving skills and a willingness to solve new problems in unique ways
We’d love to see:
- Interest in adopting open source technologies
- Experience developing workflow-driven applications
- Experience with CI/CD tool set such as Jenkins
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus