Senior UI Developer- Client Technologies (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted Aug 29, 2018 - Requisition No. 69608
At Bloomberg, everything moves at the speed of light, including our employees. Our Internal Applications team builds the solutions that keep our global company running, and we have a tremendous impact on our employees' day-to-day. We are focused on building high-quality and user-friendly systems that help our 20,000 employees around the world do their job in the most efficient manner.
What we do:
Our Client Technologies team builds the software used by our in-house technical support team to help them deliver an excellent level of service to our large global user base. Our software takes advantage of a vast data set to allow our technical support team to quickly identify & solve whatever issues our clients face. In addition, our team provides employees and clients self-service software so they can manage their accounts and use technology such as SSO to access our software.
Our team is looking to modernize and standardize our internal and client facing workflows. We provide over 250 unique visual interfaces that are leveraged internally and externally to set up new users and make it easy to resolve support issues. In modernizing these interfaces, we have the opportunity to simplify complex workflows, increase test coverage of our components, and improve our end users' experience with our product.
All of our engineers work across a full stack and in an agile environment (Scrum). You'll release code changes every week - sometimes even every day. Along the way, you'll collaborate with various engineering and business teams across the company.
We'll trust you to:
- Be a team player and work in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and humility - these are our core values
- Have fun while doing great work!
You'll need to have:
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience with full-stack development (UI, back-end services, and database)
- Experience with a relational database (MSSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with software development on a Linux environment
- Experience working in an Agile SDLC
- Experience with UI design