Senior US Immigration Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Jul 18, 2018 - Requisition No. 68198
Our Global Mobility team in the Human Resources department provides a wide range of assistance to the business and to relocating employees including all aspects of immigration, relocation and tax support. We have 19,000 employees based in 74 countries and we provide immigration assistance to over 1,600 employees in the U.S. Our team ensures a high level of customer service to our employees while always looking for ways to minimize compliance risks for Bloomberg, reduce costs where reasonable, improve processes and partner with vendors for maximum efficiency.
Are you a U.S. immigration subject matter expert and strategic partner for HR, Recruiters and Business Managers?
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide in-depth counsel with U.S. immigration processes
- Deliver a high quality and consistent experience to employees, new-hires and managers
- Be responsible for the communication and training of the U.S. immigration framework
- Work as the main point of contact for foreign national inquiries through our internal ticketing system, email and phone
- Consult with candidates at the pre-offer stage and strategize on the most efficient visa process
- Initiate visa/green card applications for candidates and new hires
- Consult with legal counsel on complex immigration issues
- Lead, maintain and analyze visa and green card applications and monthly extensions
- Lead compliance initiatives to minimize risk
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Immigration, Human Resources or a directly related field
- 5+ years working experience within corporate immigration. Large multinational organization experience preferred
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate immigration matters to different stakeholders
- Deep understanding of non-immigrant visa classifications, including H-1B, F-1, TN, L-1, O-1 and E-3
- Forward-thinking ability to spot issues and communicate strategy solutions
- Strong knowledge of immigrant visa process, including PERM, I-140 and AOS
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive matters
- Preferred: experience with audit compliance (FDNS site visits, I-9 and/or PAF audits)
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.