Senior Visual Designer
New York, NY
Posted Mar 20, 2018 - Requisition No. 66126
At our core, Bloomberg is an information and technology company, but there is no algorithm to our approach to design. Rather, everything Bloomberg does stems from an insatiable desire to meet users’ needs by constantly pushing the boundaries of business, technology, and design. Bloomberg's visual brand breaks ranks with traditional financial services companies; by being smart, bold, dynamic, and unapologetic; and by making complex user workflows a clear and engaging experience. Bloomberg’s Financial Products UX team is hiring a senior Visual Designer to help drive the strategic design direction for current and future Bloomberg desktop application products.
What’s the role?
The Visual Design team is all-hands-on-deck, flexibly flipping between working on very granular UI details to large-scale application design. You will iterate on out-of-the-box solutions and tackle complex hierarchical problems in the financial arena that involve large data sets and intricate workflows. Projects range widely from establishing iconography to designing applications, widgets, or UI framework elements. You will collaborate closely with a multi-disciplinary team of visual designers, interaction designers, product owners, and engineers to push new functionality to clients. As the ideal candidate, you should have excellent analytical skills, the ability to understand constraints, pride in pixel precision, and concrete typographic skills. In addition to visual design principles, you should be familiar with UCD and agile methodologies.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing desktop application UIs, or rich web-based application UIs
- A proven understanding of visual design and UCD principles via a portfolio
- A proven track record in producing exciting, innovative visuals for modern desktop software applications or web based products
- BFA/MFA or BA/MA in Communication Design, Graphic Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Interactive or Multimedia Design or professional experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated fluency with the Adobe Creative suite with a concentration in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In the meantime, check out these links: