Senior Visual Designer
New York, NY
Posted Sep 28, 2018 - Requisition No. 71019
At our core, Bloomberg is an information and technology company, but there is no algorithm to our approach to design. Rather, everything Bloomberg does stems from an insatiable desire to meet users’ needs by constantly pushing the boundaries of business, technology, and design.
Bloomberg's visual brand breaks ranks with traditional financial services companies; by being smart, bold, dynamic, and unapologetic; and by making complex user workflows a clear and engaging experience. Bloomberg’s Financial Products UX team is hiring a senior Visual Designer to help drive the strategic design direction for current and future Bloomberg products.
What’s the role?
The Visual Design team is all-hands-on-deck, switching between working on very granular UI details to large-scale web, mobile, and desktop application design. You will iterate on creative solutions and solve complex hierarchical problems in the financial arena that involve large data sets and intricate workflows. Projects range widely from designing applications, widgets, and UI pattern and component libraries to creating early-stage interactive design prototypes. You will collaborate closely with a multi-disciplinary team of visual designers, interaction designers, UX researchers, product owners, and engineers to push new functionality to clients. As the ideal candidate, you should have excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to understand constraints, pride in pixel precision, and concrete typographic skills. You should be an experienced UI designer with strong communication skills.
You’ll need to have:
- BFA/MFA or BA/MA in Communication Design, Graphic Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, or professional experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing rich web-based application, mobile, or desktop application UIs.
- Demonstrated understanding of UI visual design and UCD principles via a portfolio
- Demonstrated fluency with the Adobe Creative suite and Sketch
- Strong knowledge of an Agile environment, Design Sprint processes, and Jira
- Knowledge of mobile user experience across devices and platforms
Apply if you think we’re a good match and we’ll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out these links:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.