Senior Web Engineer - BLAW
New York, NY
Posted Aug 7, 2018 - Requisition No. 68597
Bloomberg Law is committed to changing the day-to-day of attorneys by automating manual research and providing them with fast, insightful solutions to better serve their clients. We use advanced search capabilities and machine learning to extract meaning, analytics, and answers from a body of hundreds of millions of legal documents. Our goal is to use new technologies to deliver best-in-class solutions that will impact the future practice of law. That's where you come in.
On our team, you will be given the opportunity to display your creativity and continuously challenge and develop your technical skills. We are self-motivated engineers who are passionate about researching, learning, and applying current technology to build new product features that anticipate our customers' needs. Our environment is collaborative and Agile, which allows us to deploy new features to production every single day.
We'll trust you to:- Work directly with product owners to build products that our clients use to tackle complex problems
- Take ownership of technical solutions, from development and delivery to production
- Develop in all levels of a web application stack, from the client to server side
You'll need to have:- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- 5+ years of experience building large-scale, client-facing web applications using Ruby on Rails
- Experience with automated testing tools (RSpec, Capybara, Jasmine, Sinon)
- A deep understanding of modern web applications and issues related to scale, security, availability, performance, cross-browser compatibility, and continuous deployment
We'd love to see experience with:- Web components (Polymer or similar)
- DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Containerization)
- RESTful APIs
- Service-oriented architectures