Senior Web Engineer - Business Intelligence (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 25, 2021 - Requisition No. 89108
This position can sit in Princeton NJ or NYC
Please note this is a contract position
Bloomberg runs on data. As the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence team, we are responsible for driving analytics throughout the organization to improve our products, engage better with our customers, create greater efficiencies, and drive new businesses by providing insights into the data. Can you change the way our business works?
Are you motivated to build robust and scalable systems to handle petabytes of data, with billions of new data points being ingested daily? Our data captures the who, what, when, where and why of how our clients use Bloomberg products, how our systems execute, and how our employees engage with our customers. We are responsible for ingesting and preparing massive amounts of data for reporting, dashboards, self-service and advanced analytics.
Are you a hands-on Senior Web developer who is excited to tackle the challenges that come with implementing solutions for the entire organization? We are implementing an Enterprise Data Marketplace that allows consumers to discover datasets available in the organization in a frictionless manner in accordance with strict security rules. In addition, the platform allows data producers to integrate their data into the marketplace including the scheduling of ingestion workflows from a variety of sources (files, streams, databases, services) to a variety of destinations (databases, HDFS). Are you up for the challenge?
You’ll need to Have:
- 3+ years developing scalable, highly available websites with Node.js and React
- 3+ years of experience with APIs and API Best Practices (GraphQL, REST)
- 2+ years of programming experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- 2+ years working with enterprise integrations
- A firm grasp of networking concepts including services, security, protocols, proxies, and firewalls
- A strict adherence to software engineering principles
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with ORMs, Sequelize preferred
- A great eye for UX design
- An appreciation for protecting PII at all stages of data movement
- Experience collaborating with Product managers
- Ability to break down high level business ideas/needs into smaller actionable design and technical tasks
- Ability to translate/explain very technical details to nontechnical teams
If this sounds like you, then we want to talk!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.