Senior Web Engineer - Marketing
New York, NY
Posted Feb 26, 2018 - Requisition No. 65508
The Web Marketing team manages over 100 websites and services for every business unit within the company, and we have a diverse codebase to reflect that. On any given day of the week, we’re working on headless front ends, CMS improvements, Alexa skills, Bloomberg Terminal integrations, or experimenting with any number of novel technologies to support a variety of marketing and philanthropic initiatives.
Bored yet? Impossible. We don’t have people permanently assigned to specific projects; everyone gets a chance to work on any part of our portfolio they’re interested in, from front end to back end, UX to infrastructure. We do it all, and work directly with stakeholders and other teams to ensure we’re delivering the best quality software in a fast-paced environment.
If you love creative problem solving, we want to learn more about how you've collaborated with others successfully. If you can go with the flow to meet changing business priorities, you will enjoy working here. Above all, if you are passionate about (and take personal pride) in your work, then we want to work with you to build exciting digital experiences.
You'll Need To Have:
- 5+ years of web development experience maintaining scalable, highly available sites
- A strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Proficiency in at least one back end language: PHP, Node, Python, Ruby
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd Love To See:
- DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, containerization)
- Unix/Linux and shell scripting (Bash, Golang, Python)
- Cloud providers and distributed systems (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Improving site performance (caching, CDNs, database optimization)