Senior Web Engineer - Marketing
New York, NY
Posted Mar 3, 2020 - Requisition No. 76926
Bored yet? Impossible! We don’t have people permanently assigned to particular projects—everyone gets a chance to touch all parts of our portfolio, in true full-stack fashion. From front end to back end, UX to infrastructure, we do it all, and work directly with stakeholders and other teams to ensure we’re delivering the best quality software in a fast-paced environment.
If you love creative problem solving, we want to learn more about how you've collaborated with others successfully. If you can go with the flow to meet changing business priorities, you will enjoy working here. Above all, if you are passionate about (and take personal pride) in your work, then we want to work with you to build exciting digital experiences.
You'll Need To Have:
- 5+ years of web development experience maintaining scalable, highly available sites
- A strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Proficiency in at least one back end language: PHP, Node.js, Python
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd Love To See:
- DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, containerization)
- Unix/Linux and shell scripting (Bash, Golang, Python)
- Cloud providers and distributed systems (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Improving site performance (caching, CDNs, database optimization)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.