Senior Software Engineer - Web - Marketing
New York, NY
Posted Oct 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 76926
The Marketing Engineering Team is in a unique position -- we use both web technologies and develop internal email campaign tools on an in-house platform called the Bloomberg Terminal. We manage over 100 websites and services that showcase Bloomberg’s diverse financial products. We support a variety of Marketing and philanthropic initiatives within the company, and have a diverse codebase to reflect that. For our internal tools applications, it will give you the opportunity to learn scalable design and build robust pipelines which focus on automation and validation of data.
What's in it for you:
For this role, you will help lead the efforts porting some of these essential internal marketing tools into a cleaner UI while solving complex problems of integration with Bloomberg services. Since our team also specializes in web, you can gain hands on experience in React, PHP, and headless CMS using REST and GraphQL.
If you love creative problem solving, we want to learn more about how you've collaborated with others successfully. If you can go with the flow to meet changing business priorities, you will enjoy working here. Above all, if you are passionate about (and take personal pride) in your work, then we want to work with you to build exciting digital experiences.
You'll Need To Have:
- 5+ years of web development experience maintaining scalable, highly available sites.
- 5+ years of professional experience with at least one back end language: PHP, Node.js, Python. Experience with PHP OOP preferred.
- 2+ years of professional experience with modern front end technologies like ES6+, Webpack, React, and modern CSS Frameworks.
- 2+ years of programming experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- A strong understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Professional experience on developing or extending Content Management Systems. Experience with WordPress preferred.
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
We’d Love to See:
- Unix/Linux and shell scripting (Bash, Golang)
- Cloud technologies and distributed systems (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Improving site performance (caching, CDNs, database optimization)
- UI development experience
- Micro-services and distributed architecture design
- Take ownership of the critical products and their designs, and then build and iterate at a rapid and incremental pace
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus