Senior Web Engineer - Marketing
New York, NY
Posted Sep 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 76926
The Marketing Engineering Team is in a unique position -- we use both web technologies and develop internal email campaign tools on an in-house platform called the Bloomberg Terminal. We manage over 100 websites and services that showcase Bloomberg’s diverse financial products. We support a variety of Marketing and philanthropic initiatives within the company, and have a diverse codebase to reflect that. For our internal tools applications, it will give you the opportunity to learn scalable design and build robust pipelines which focus on automation and validation of data.
What's in it for you:
For this role, you will help lead the efforts porting some of these essential internal marketing tools into a cleaner UI while solving complex problems of integration with Bloomberg services. Since our team also specializes in web, you can gain hands on experience in React, PHP, and headless CMS using REST and GraphQL.
If you love creative problem solving, we want to learn more about how you've collaborated with others successfully. If you can go with the flow to meet changing business priorities, you will enjoy working here. Above all, if you are passionate about (and take personal pride) in your work, then we want to work with you to build exciting digital experiences.
You'll Need To Have:
- 5+ years of web development experience maintaining scalable, highly available sites.
- 5+ years of professional experience with at least one back end language: PHP, Node.js, Python. Experience with PHP OOP preferred.
- 2+ years of professional experience with modern front end technologies like ES6+, Webpack, React, and modern CSS Frameworks.
- 2+ years of programming experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- A strong understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Professional experience on developing or extending Content Management Systems. Experience with WordPress preferred.
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
We’d Love to See:
- Unix/Linux and shell scripting (Bash, Golang)
- Cloud technologies and distributed systems (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Improving site performance (caching, CDNs, database optimization)
- UI development experience
- Micro-services and distributed architecture design
- Take ownership of the critical products and their designs, and then build and iterate at a rapid and incremental pace
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.