Senior Web Front End Developer – Business Intelligence (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 73591
Bloomberg runs on data. As the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence team, we are
responsible for driving analytics throughout the organization to improve our products, engage better with our
customers, create greater efficiencies, and drive new businesses by providing insights into the
data. Can you change the way our business works?
Our data captures the who, what, when, where and why of how our clients use Bloomberg products, how
our systems execute, and how our employees engage with our customers. We are responsible for ingesting
and preparing massive amounts of data for reporting, dashboards, self-service and advanced analytics.
Are you motivated to build robust and scalable systems to handle petabytes of data, with billions
of new data points being ingested daily?
Are you a hands-on Senior Web Front End developer who is excited to tackle the challenges that come with
implementing solutions for the entire organization? We are implementing an Enterprise Data Marketplace
that allows consumers to discover datasets available in the organization in a frictionless manner in
accordance with strict security rules. In addition, the platform allows data producers to integrate their
data into the marketplace including the scheduling of ingestion workflows from a variety of
sources (files, streams, databases, services) to a variety of destinations (databases, HDFS). Are
you up for the challenge?
In order to be successful:
- You are a creative, full stack web developer intimately familiar with the Nodejs/React stack.
- You should be proficient at developing, architecting, standardizing and supporting technology platforms
- You will design user interfaces taking them from mock ups for UX approval all the way to deployment in production.
- You are expected to be familiar with developing web applications in an enterprise environment with an emphasis on integrations with authentication and authorization systems, services and databases.
- You should thrive in building scalable, high throughput systems that can support thousands of users.
- You must have strong communication, presentation, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills.
- You should be highly motivated to drive innovations company-wide.
using Industry leading ETL solutions.
You’ll Need to Have:
- 3+ years developing websites with React/NodeJS
- 2+ years working with enterprise integrations
- 2+ years building highly available websites (plus low latency, scalability)
- A great eye for UX design
- A firm grasp of networking concepts including services, protocols, proxies, and firewalls
- A strict adherence to software engineering principles
- An appreciation for protecting PII at all stages of data movement
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Experience collaborating with Product managers
- Ability to break down high level business ideas/needs into smaller actionable design and technical
- Ability to translate/explain very technical details to nontechnical teams If this sounds like you, then we want to talk! Please apply here.