Senior Web Front-End Software Engineer - CIS Enterprise Console (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted Jun 17, 2019 - Requisition No. 75619
At the heart of our business is connecting decision makers to business and financial information, news and insight. As our industry has evolved, the way our clients consume that data has changed. Today our large enterprise clients demand tight integration of Bloomberg products with their own highly complex and time-sensitive back end systems.
The CIS (Connectivity & Integration Solutions) group is changing the way our clients connect and integrate with Bloomberg. We build solutions for secure, high-throughput and low-latency data transfer. We allow clients to manage their full integration and connectivity with Bloomberg products through a single system.
The Enterprise Console group is responsible for providing cloud-based infrastructure for our clients, technologists in client firms and Bloomberg’s internal service and support desk, with a way to configure, provision, monitor, alert on various resources, provided as part of our Enterprise Integration suite. We provide this set of functionality through Bloomberg’s Enterprise Console (https://console.bloomberg.com). Our primary focus currently is adding new and smarter Alerting capabilities (UI and backend) so that our clients are notified of anomalies (Insights through Machine Learning) and problems (Proactive alerting) which could potentially affect their flow of data with Bloomberg.
We are a tight knit team with a mix of Junior and Senior Engineers with experience in different areas. We are seeking a self-motivated senior web front-end engineer who can help us build our Alerting UI.
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of hands on experience working with high volume consumer facing Web applications.
- The ability to rapidly structure, design, and build enterprise web applications while lowering the technical debt.
- Strong analytical and communication skills - You’ll we working with our UX/PO/QA teams to drive the direction of the product
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Open Source technologies
- Understanding of Chrome, IE, Safari, Firefox, and their various idiosyncrasies, including browser performance and compatibility.
- Experience using WebStorm or Intellij Idea
- Experience with Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban, using JIRA
- Understanding of a wide variety of back end data stores, RESTful API design
- Experience with open source technologies
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkinsfile) and testing tools such as Protractor, Karma, WebPack, Serenity