Senior Workday Security Administrator
New York, NY
Posted Apr 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 103085
The mission of Bloomberg's Human Resources Technology Solutions (HRTS) is to provide engaging employee experiences via innovative technology solutions that meet the needs of the business and to promote greater efficiencies and self-service. From user experience, automation, and efficient processing, we use and provide these solutions in a creative, unique, cost-effective and scalable way. We challenge and support each other in partnership with other HR partners to support Bloomberg’s 20,000 employees collectively in more than 150 locations day in and day out.
What’s the opportunity?
We are currently seeking a Senior Workday Security Specialist to join our team. You will be joining an ambitious Bloomberg team focused on reimagining the employee’s user experience for core internal functions, collaborating with Engineering to design, upgrade, and maintain system integrity and integrations, and utilizing technology to support key HR and employee workflows. You'll be a key member of our team and instrumental to the overall vision of the role that technology plays within the HR space at Bloomberg.
In this role, you’ll use your Workday knowledge to collaborate with internal key partners and our best-in-class technology team to design and configure security in Workday and all other HR owned systems. You'll be responsible for determining organization and security management requirements and implement Workday best practices in line with regulatory, company and department policy. As an integral member of the team you’ll provide consultative guidance and leadership on but not limited to Workday, PeopleSoft, the Bloomberg terminal, and other security and controls projects.
You must be a problem solver, thought leader and possess the in-depth technical security and organization expertise and credibility to provide meticulous guidance to our team. You’ll perform hands-on activities to ensure project success and be responsible for evaluating technical, and functional requirements, as well as influencing the future roadmap to be in line with our strategic goals.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues to understand our business drivers, assess and scope projects, and incorporate relevant levers to drive execution of Workday security configuration across all HR modules (i.e. HCM, Compensation, Talent, Recruiting etc.)
- Provide hands on configuration of Workday domain and business process security policies and role assignments and provide sound solutions and recommending efficient security and organization solutions to support end to end business processes
- Maintain system and security assignment integrity in compliance with GDPR, internal process and controls, and any other regulatory mandates
- Provide the highest level of customer support via internal ticketing system and all other standard forms of communication and interaction
- Support system testing functionality and issue resolution and develop proof of concepts based on business requirements
- Develop relationships with other Workday domain experts and critical users and partner with internal technology teams and vendors to ensure alignment of processes to systems and tools
- Act as an active member for the Workday community – staying ahead of Workday updates and practices to think innovatively and make recommendations to implement to deliver tactical benefits for security, organizations, or any other modules of interest to Bloomberg
- Be a trusted advisor and partner frequently with senior leaders, business stakeholders and other HR teams across the globe
We’d like to see:
- 5+ years of proven Workday expertise designing, implementing and supporting Enterprise-grade security solutions meeting complex business requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Examples of actively led multiple end to end Workday projects and additional relevant experience in embracing and implementing solutions for operational improvements and automation
- Knowledge of basic and advanced security configuration and delivered and custom organizations
- Ability to build and modify custom Workday reports and calculated fields
- Knowledge of creating, loading and troubleshooting EIBs
- Great analytical skills and creative problem solving, showing ability to trace root-causes, collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with upper management
- Superb communication skills used to form credibility and relationships with ease
- Attested experience influencing and directing others, often without direct line reporting authority
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, follow-through on both verbal and written instructions
- Ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, and Excel required. Visio or other flow applications a plus)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.