Server & Storage Administrator
New York, NY
Posted Oct 28, 2019 - Requisition No. 79237
About Bloomberg Information Systems:
The Global Information Systems Group (Infosys) is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all of the hardware, software and enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
The Server & Storage System Administration team is essential for operational efficiency of our internal IT systems. We are trusted to ensure that our IT infrastructure is running efficiently at all times in order to support the tens of thousands of devices operating on our network. We also support the thousands of employees that rely on our technology to carry out their roles effectively in a fast-paced technology focused company. We collaborate daily with other teams including Security, Telephony, Network, End Point Technology, Audio Visual, Mobile Technology, Service Desk and Infrastructure design teams.
We'll trust you to:
As a Server & Storage administrator you will be expected to identify and deliver on opportunities for technical and process improvements. Your objectives will be system standardization, security, performance and stability in coordination with Global teams. The automation and tools you will build, integrate and maintain will provide world-class levels of transparency and significant improvements to agility enabling the team to keep pace with rapidly changing business requirements.
You'll need to have:
- Experience with scripting and automation (Powershell / Python preferred)
- Experience with log aggregation products including reporting and dashboard creation.
- Awareness of infrastructure as code concepts and tools such as Configuration Orchestration, Configuration Management (Chef, Ansible, Git, Jenkins, Grafana)
- Experience performing Query Analysis around Server & Storage Infrastructure
- Experience with managing Windows Firewalls on Servers
- Ability to explore data sets, and perform host, application and network level analysis.
- Understanding of enterprise security approaches, including Group Policy Management, Kerberos and PKI Authentication
- Proficiency with applying a wide range of security concepts and hardening of IT infrastructure.
- Strong interpersonal skills including networking, collaboration, communication, time management, adaptability to thrive within diverse environments and cultures.
- Experience working within an agile workflow
We'd love to see:
- Cloud infrastructure experience with AWS, Azure AD, and other enterprise products
- Understanding of SQL & implementing clusters
- Understanding of DataCenter Infrastructure Systems
- Solid understanding of Window Servers, VMWare, Server and Storage hardware
- Experience with Linux OS
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.