Server & Storage System Administrator
New York, NY
Posted Nov 26, 2018 - Requisition No. 72202
Our Global Information Systems Team is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. Systems include our global corporate network, and the hardware/software to support nearly 19,000 employees in more than 170 offices around the world.
Our employees rely on the technology solutions and support that we provide to do their jobs in a fast-paced, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment.
Our employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 400+ software titles, as well as monitor and implement security for the entire corporate network that consists of 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays and 120,000 network connections.
The Global System Administration team is essential for operational efficiency of our internal IT systems. We are trusted to ensure that our IT infrastructure is running efficiently at all times in order to support the tens of thousands of devices operating on our network. We also support the thousands of employees that rely on our technology to carry out their roles effectively in a fast-paced technology focused company. We collaborate daily with other teams including Service Desk Technicians, AV, Security, Mobile Technology, and Infrastructure design teams.
What’s The Role?
As a member of the Server & Storage System Administration team, you’ll be part of a team providing support for our internal Global Server & Storage Infrastructure. You will join Global System Administration team members, following our Global Follow the Sun Model. You'll leverage tools from our Infrastructure teams, and deliver on the execution of projects. Our team will also provide 3rd line technical support to our Global Service Desk, Technician, Security, and Engineering teams.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Assist our Global Infrastructure team implementing of new technology
- Have flexibility and willingness to step up and offer support to other members of the team who may be seeking assistance on a variety of other corporate technologies
You'll Need To Have:
- Deep understanding of VMWare systems and hardware
- Deep understanding of enterprise storage technologies
- Experience using and responding to system monitoring
- Experience supporting Microsoft SQL
- Understanding of Windows Server and Desktop operational and troubleshooting knowledge covering all platforms of Windows Server including Server 2016
- General understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy architecture
- General Understanding of VM backup procedures with Avamar/Data Domain
- Ability to manage expectations
- Ability to document workflows and discuss with Security & Infrastructure Teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks assigned from team lead in our dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- 5+ years relevant experience
- A real passion for technology
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in technology related field
We'd Love To See:
- Scripting and automation knowledge
- Windows PowerShell knowledge
- Experience with cyber-security technologies and strategies
- Experience supporting enterprise applications
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.