Shared Services Team Leader
New York, NY
Posted May 17, 2021 - Requisition No. 90841
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 325,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions.
Bloomberg’s Procurement is a dynamic global organization, providing support to our external terminal customers and internal clients, operating out of 22 locations across 12 countries. We work hand-in-hand with our business divisions to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. What does that mean? We procure the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle vendor-related risks and strive to deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other’s creative ideas to remain first-class. Under one umbrella we collaborate to develop efficient solutions through new technologies and processes to keep up with Bloomberg’s dynamic environment and business needs while ensuring the highest level of customer service.
Global Procurement is responsible for all direct and indirect spend at Bloomberg. We are a global team that takes pride in working with our internal clients, devising strategies and executing operational tactics based on the dynamic requirements of a fast pace state of the art business.
What's the Role?
The Team Lead will oversee and be accountable for the S2P customer service, supplier onboarding, and contact administration capabilities. The team lead will manage the deliverables set forth for the Source to Pay Shared Services strategy. They will also manage the overall function with a high degree of focus on operational excellence, quality, and transparency managing to service levels and KPIs for the respective processes and activities within S2P customer service, supplier onboarding, and contract administration. The team lead will be responsible for the daily execution and throughput of the team’s activities, but also responsible for driving continuous improvement opportunities throughout the process to improve overall service delivery.
The team led will be expected to build and maintain a collaborative working environment between team members and across all key stakeholder groups (i.e. procurement operations, accounts payable, performance optimization, etc.) within Bloomberg’s procurement organization.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Responsible for Procurement and AP’s global Shared Services strategy and execution within S2P organization
- Manage a team of S2P customer service agents, supplier mgt reps, and contract specialists to support the issue resolution, on boarding of suppliers and contract administration across the global S2P function
- Responsible for the development & implementation of the S2P shared services function including but not limited to the scope, RACI, job roles, and SLAs/KPIs to manage the function
- Develop and manage team of resources within the S2P shared services function: setting priorities and metrics
- Responsible for people and talent management within the S2P shared services team
- Develop and maintain relationships with Sourcing, Procurement Operations, AP, and Performance Optimization leadership
- Manage/oversee all processes, activities and transactions related to 3 pillars: S2P inquiry resolution, onboarding and maintenance of a suppliers, and contract administration
- Manage to a set of SLAs and KPIs for each of the capabilities (e.g. first time resolution, cycle time, quality, CSAT, etc)
- Establish KPIs for customer service, supplier lifecycle management, and contracts teams
- Identify opportunities to increase throughput/decrease cycle time across all teams’ functions, highlighting automation & process improvement opportunities as able
- Foster a network of support for all procurement functions through the customer service team
- Build and maintain a unified process for organized contract management
- Establish partnerships with reporting and performance optimization functions to enable adherence to KPIs
You'll need to have:
- 6-8 years of professional experience in a Shared Services / customer service environment focused on Source to Pay activities
- Experience and knowledge with source to pay processes and technologies
- Exceptional attention to detail, particularly in processing and execution of transactions in a centralized capability or function
- Experience and knowledge in supplier data management and supplier onboarding
- Experience to managing to service levels and/or KPIs
- Significant experience presenting to and communicating with C-Suite stakeholders
- High degree of problem-solving skills and appetite to quickly learn new processes
- Experience and knowledge in contract management processes and activities, contract management -technology experience is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, work well in a team environment, able to work in diverse environments and adhere to highest ethical standards, reliable and dependable
We’d Love to See:
- Experience in large, global organizations and expansive leadership, presentation and project/team ownership experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.