Social Curator - Twitter News Network
New York, NY
Posted Sep 1, 2017 - Requisition No. 61452
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg is seeking a smart, news-savvy Social Curator to manage content and boost audience engagement across Twitter. An ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced news environment is a must. This person should have experience managing social platforms, promoting news on Twitter and understanding how people use Twitter to share information globally. The right candidate is obsessed with social media and understands how to best tell a story on each platform (Twitter moments, Instagram stories, Facebook Live, etc.). An ability to analyze data to make informed decisions about what's working and what's not working is also important. Key responsibilities include identifying and analyzing trending topics, verifying user generated content, real-time social coverage of live programming and breaking news, and frequent engagement with our audience.
This position requires flexible hours to accommodate production schedules, including weekends.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage Bloomberg’s Twitter news network feed.
- Curate content across Twitter that will move a story forward.
- Manage incoming UGC (text, photos and video) to verify what is credible and valuable to a story.
- Work with the video producers to help publish live videos and make sure the appropriate content is being promoted.
- Engage with our audience to drive loyalty and growth.
- Establish a trustworthy, informative and consistent voice on the platform.
- Proven experience as a social media editor, preferably in a digital news environment. Experience covering breaking news is a plus.
- A love for news and a wide knowledge of topics in business, markets, politics, and technology.
- Strong editorial judgment.
- Experience using social analytics tools to inform strategy and decisions.
You need to have:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.