Social Managing Editor - Bloomberg Digital
New York, NY
Posted Aug 10, 2021 - Requisition No. 93110
Bloomberg Digital is seeking an experienced managing editor to run social media and SEO efforts across the newsroom. This role will develop and execute social and search strategies for both our streaming platforms — Quicktake and Bloomberg TV+ — as well as bloomberg.com. This role will oversee multiple teams geared towards growing audiences and deepening engagement. It is based in New York.
As social managing editor you will be responsible for leading our social strategy across all of our editorial sections and representing them on all social platforms. Candidates should have experience managing a team and executing a complex editorial social strategy involving both social video viewership and traffic-driving tactics. Applicants should also be highly creative and looking to innovate and experiment to take advantage of the ever changing social landscape.
This role is also a highly collaborative one working with teams across editorial, marketing, sales and product in order to grow our overall audience from social and search platforms. Experience working cross functionally and with a positive attitude is a must.
We'll trust you to:
- Oversee an aggressive social strategy for new shows launching on our new Quicktake streaming network later this year on top of growing the brand’s overall influence on social platforms.
- Own the digital strategy for how we leverage social platforms and SEO tactics to drive audience and engagement growth for bloomberg.com.
- Build out a successful social strategy that leverages our content and anchor talent on Bloomberg TV+.
- Manage the creation of social-first video across all of our brand handles.
- Experiment with new platforms and share relevant emerging social trends with the wider newsroom.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to deliver on social sponsorship campaigns and paid media efforts.
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience working with social media in a digital news environment
- A history of working with social video and developing strategies to increase viewership
- A demonstrated track record of driving audience growth and social referral traffic
- Expertise in social analytics and publishing tools
- Strong editorial judgment and experience with business and finance news
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.